I think most of you will agree that these are good times to be an indie. Up until now, the only options some of us poor indie sods had were Kickstarter … and the money from our own pockets. Fortunately, now we have yet another option: The Indie Fund. Which is an investment group created by several sucessful indie game creators. As you might imagine, their goal is to help other fellow indie game makers get started on their respective projects.
Granted, we still don’t know much about it, but seeing who the creators of the fund are… well, one just can’t avoid getting at least a little bit excited:
- Ron Carmel and Kyle Gabler, 2D BOY (World of Goo)
- Jonathan Blow, Number None (Braid)
- Kellee Santiago, thatgamecompany (flOwer)
- Nathan Vella, Capy (Critter Crunch)
- Matthew Wegner, Flashbang Studios (Off-Road Velociraptor Safari)
- Aaron Isaksen, AppAbove Games (Armadillo Gold Rush)